*From:* yohgaki@gmail.com *On Behalf Of *Yasuo
Ohgaki
*Sent:* Monday, July 21, 2014 12:32 PM
*To:* Zeev Suraski
*Cc:* PHP internals
*Subject:* Re: [PHP-DEV] RFC: Move phpng to master

Hi Zeev,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Zeev Suraski wrote:

As we’re getting closer to release 5.6.0, and given the very high level of
interest in phpng, I think it’s time for us to provide some clarity
regarding what happens post 5.6.0.

Are you willing to have 5.7 branch?

It gives us more time to develop/cleanup/test. It's especially important for

3rd party module developers.

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by that? I generally don’t think
we should invest in another feature release before this next phpng-based
major version (that’s my personal thinking). It’ll spread our limited
resources too thin; But maybe I didn’t quite understand what you had in
mind for putting in the 5.7 branch.

Zeev