On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Zeev Suraski wrote:
There’s a huge difference between a major code changes as we line up for a
new major version – one that requires widespread testing and community
support – and the relatively minor changes we’ve had here ever since PHP 5.

So from my POV at least, that assumption is incorrect.
We provide an extensive test suite (for every project) which can be run by
anyone, and you are getting my feedback for it right now ;-)
Matteo was also nice to set up a PHPNG environment where D2 tests are run,
so you can have continuous feedback as well.

Marco Pivetta