looking for tasks to invest a little spare time in the weeks to come I
had
a look at

http://gcov.php.net/viewer.php?version=PHP_5_5

The test coverage is suspiciously low...

Test coverage of 5.4 is quite high, so is coverage for 5.3.

I would have guessed, that for a new major php version all tests from the
previous version are reused, and fixed if needed.

Looking at the 5.5 source tree all the phpt files seem in place... Aren't
the tests just currently not executed on gcov.php.net?

Thanks for any insight!

Greetings

Nico
Yeah, something is definitely wrong:
http://gcov.php.net/PHP_5_4/lcov_html/
vs
http://gcov.php.net/PHP_5_5/lcov_html/

and it we dates are correct, the last gcov build for 5.6 was more than a
week ago:
http://gcov.php.net/
http://gcov.php.net/PHP_5_6/lcov_html/

ps: I've cc'ed Nuno as he is the man who knows our gcov setup.
Thanks for CC'ing me.

Short version: the problem is fixed. The next round of builds will have
correct coverage data (including PHP_HEAD that will be available within a
few hours).

Long version: There was a bug in the makefile that was triggered when the
Zend opcode cache was commited. A few days ago I tried to fix it, but ended
up introducing another bug. Anyway, I believe my last commit fixed the
problem in Makefile.gcov, and therefore the next round of builds should
finally have correct data.

Nuno

P.S.: BTW, regarding the existence of gcov.php.net, when it was created
there were no off-the-shelf solutions, and therefore we created our own.
It's not awsome, but works fine. Of course I'm fine with killing it when a
replacement becomes available.

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedJun 4, '14 at 8:06p