I've just updated the wiki with the achievements around the projects I
was associated with. I'll paste them below.
In addition I fleshed out the Lancaster Consensus conclusions according
to my photographs of the white board and my own recollections because it
was looking a bit sparse. Apologies if I got anything wrong, please
correct and fill in. And Wendy, please consider your own notes canonical.
A small team worked through the roughly 100 of 700 Test-* distributions
failing with Test::Builder 1.5 alpha but passing with the current 0.98
Verify it's failing with 1.5 and passing with 0.98
Verify it's because of a Test::Builder 1.5 change
Categorize the failure type
Patch either Test::Builder or the module as appropriate
If the module runtime had to be patched, note it as a conflict.
We did the work primarily on an EtherPad and in the Test-More Github
issue tracker by a small team of remote and local developers.
Karen Ethridge (ether)
James Mastros (theorbtwo)
Daniel Perrett (pdl)
Michael G Schwern (schwern)
Nearly all the modules got looked at, and a number patched.
Other accomplishments by the team...
Determined that rolling back the TAP formatting changes in 1.5 will
not significantly help
Fixed Test::More stable and 1.5 alpha for 5.17.
Released 0.98_04 and 1.5.0_6
Improved the script for testing CPAN modules with stable vs alpha.
Fixed the 1.5 alpha under taint mode
Fixed the 1.5 alpha on Windows
Misc documentation updates
Got a new release of Test::Class working with 1.5
ExtUtils::MakeMaker stable release
Chris Williams (BingOS) stepped up to manage the next stable release of
ExtUtils::MakeMaker to be in time for Perl 5.18.0 and released several
alphas. They will be very well tested. :)