On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 08:41:51PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 07:57:12PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

Sadly PPC32 is a mess. With these patches NQP will build, and the nativecall
tests pass. However 2 other tests fail (arithmetic and printf problems), and
the Rakudo build explodes with a syntax error backtrace.
[nick@gcc1-power7 nqp]$ for fmt in s i u x e f g; do ./nqp-m -e "say(nqp::sprintf('%%$fmt is %$fmt', [4294967295]))"; done
%s is 4294967295
%i is 277721840
%u is 280670960
%x is 10bab2f0
%e is 5.789358e+09
%f is 277094112.395473
%g is 4.29497e+09

Well, two are correct.
And it turned out that the values were actually random.
So, presuambly undefined behaviour

FROGGS suggested the union in the P6int REPR. Which was so nearly a hole in
one, as it's actually the union in the P6bitint REPR.

With this patch, PPC32 passes all NQP and Rakudo spectests, and fails the
same spectests as PPC64, for the same reasons.

Tested on PPC32, PPC64, x86_64 and x86.

I think we now stand a fighting chance of building on any architecture, as
long as dyncall supports it.

Nicholas Clark

groupperl6-compiler @
categoriesperl