On Tue May 31 13:59:22 2016, smylers@stripey.com wrote:
Abigail writes:
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 09:06:57AM -0700, Smylers wrote:

Are all the qr/PATTERN/ flags also valid on split?
I think they are, but some warn. For instance:

$ perl -wE 'our @a = split /f/g, "foo"'
Use of /g modifier is meaningless in split at -e line 1.
/g is an m// modifier. perlop documents that m// takes all of the qr//
modifiers plus /g and /c.
But I haven't checked all of them.
I was hoping that somebody might already know, but if not I'll go
through them.
It does accept all the modifiers that m// accepts, because there is actually an m// op there at compile time initially, before ck_split makes its exotic changes to the op tree. After all, you can write split m//....

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open