On Mon May 30 13:17:08 2016, davem wrote:
The following seems to detect it for pp_match() while not failing anything
in the test suite. If no-one objects, I can work it up into a proper fix
that handles pp_subst() etc, and has tests. ...
$ perl5240 -e'"a" =~ /(?{ m{} })/'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$ ./perl -e'"a" =~ /(?{ m{} })/'
panic: XXX curpm recursion
$
I think that’s a good idea, but that it should not be a panic message, since a panic suggests that perl is not functioning correctly. Perhaps ‘Use of last successful match is not supported within regexp code blocks’. But I see from perldiag that we call them ‘eval-groups’ in existing messages.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open