On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 04:56:31PM +0100, Dave Mitchell wrote:
Rik,
I hadn't realised until recently that the Coro breakage caused by
consting the MGF vtable array in commit v5.21.7-98-gc910fea, is still
unresolved.

I propose that we revert this commit for 5.24 (we need another RC anyway
for the SvGROW) issue.
What does this gain?

Coro still won't compile against 5.24.x without other changes (due to your
context stack reworking), and still won't compile against 5.22.x (because this
wouldn't be backported).
This should have relatively minimal effect (apart from 4K extra memory
usage per process), since all it would be doing is removing a constraint
on XS code (the vtable array can now be modified by XS code again).
So as best I can tell, all this achieves is a 4K increase in memory usage
per process. It doesn't fix Coro. What's the upside?

Nicholas Clark

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedMay 3, '16 at 6:34p