On Jul 17, 2014, at 10:19 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

Which suggests that, according to [Corrigendum 9](http://www.unicode.org/versions/corrigendum9.html), reserved non-characters now *are* allowed to appear in a UTF-8 string. Which makes me think I will never be able to get the Java server to clean up its act. Should Perl, Encode, and JSON relax things a bit with regard to these characters, then?
Actually, now that I think about it, it seems that JSON on Perl 5.14 and higher has already relaxed that distinction. It’s only Encode that is still strict about non-characters.

Best,

David

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl