Hi David,

* David E. Wheeler [2014-07-18 08:40]:
On Jul 17, 2014, at 10:19 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
Which suggests that, according to [Corrigendum
9](http://www.unicode.org/versions/corrigendum9.html), reserved
non-characters now *are* allowed to appear in a UTF-8 string. Which
makes me think I will never be able to get the Java server to clean
up its act. Should Perl, Encode, and JSON relax things a bit with
regard to these characters, then?
Actually, now that I think about it, it seems that JSON on Perl 5.14
and higher has already relaxed that distinction. It’s only Encode that
is still strict about non-characters.
there is a ticket about that:
https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=121937

* David E. Wheeler [2014-07-18 07:20]: