On 4/15/13 1:31 PM, Dave Mitchell via RT wrote:
The "uninit var" warnings bisect to:
Thanks, I also found this in the comments...

sub longmess {
     # Icky backwards compatibility wrapper. :-(
     #
     # The story is that the original implementation hard-coded the
     # number of call levels to go back, so calls to longmess were off
     # by one. Other code began calling longmess and expecting this
     # behaviour, so the replacement has to emulate that behaviour.

So I guess we're stuck with this behavior. I propose three things.

1) Fix the uninit warning. If we're going to support it, let's support it.
2) Document the misfeature of longmess().
3) Create a replacement for longmess() which DTRT.

groupperl5-porters @
categoriesperl
postedApr 15, '13 at 12:17a
activeSep 16, '14 at 6:25p