On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Bill Ward wrote:
I agree about dropping API, but prefer Net.  WWW to me suggests web browsers
and HTML.
There are certainly plenty of web-service interface modules popping up
under "Net". Personally, I wish people used that only for lower-level
protocols. (E.g. SMTP, NNTP, FTP, etc.) "WebService" is annoyingly
long, but "WWW' makes sense to me for modules that send HTTP requests
to a site and process a response -- regardless of whether a browser is
involved. But I can certainly see the other side of it.

-- David

groupmodule-authors @
categoriesperl
postedMar 10, '09 at 1:52p