Hi folks,

5.18.0 needs a MakeMaker release in order to fix some hash order bugs.
Fortunately, its all already been patched in, its just a matter of us
putting out an alpha, testing it, and then putting out a stable.

And I'm not doing it. Been doing it too long, I'm just getting in the
way.

I'd like somebody to step up and offer to do the next stable.

To that end, I've written down how to do it as best I can.

Here's how you make a release, in general.
https://github.com/Perl-Toolchain-Gang/ExtUtils-MakeMaker/wiki/How-To-Make-A-Release

And here's the special considerations for a stable release.
https://github.com/Perl-Toolchain-Gang/ExtUtils-MakeMaker/wiki/How-To-Make-A-Stable-Release

An alpha release isn't much different from releasing any other CPAN
module. A stable release involves a bit more rigor, but that's mostly
reading CPAN Testers. And I'll be happy to be available as a resource
and answer questions and hold hands.

So, who wants to make a MakeMaker release?