[Top-posted]

Chad, thank you for the detailed response. I think I now understand
the scope of the problem and your solutions.

I think it makes sense to put this in the guts inside the construction
of a new context (or retrieval of current context) and in the release
of that context. Kent, am I right to believe this also addresses the
concerns you raised regarding testing of testing modules?

I'm sorry to say I'm quite ignorant [also] when it comes to the
testing underpinnings, so I'm not sure if there are additional
concerns this does not address, but otherwise it sounds very
reasonable to me.

Thanks again for taking the time to clarify in detail. :)
(It might be useful to start working on a document for the internals
for anyone who wants to hack on it. This should at least be in the
commit messages so it could be tracked down.)

S.