On 3/18/13 5:50 PM, Thomas Sibley wrote:
If we attempt this solution, I suggest considering case-insensitive
distribution names for purposes of general clarity (and portability).

A semi-related discussion regarding case-insensitive module/package
names petered out last year:
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.workers/2012/03/msg997.html
+1 to case-insensitive distribution names.

-1 to case-insensitive package names, because case matters to the language.

I'd also like to amplify changing "distribution" to "project" which
clarifies the release vs distribution problem and also that's the
vocabulary most other people/systems use.

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedMar 13, '13 at 9:31p
activeMar 20, '13 at 3:13a