On 3/19/13 6:03 PM, David Golden wrote:
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Michael G. Schwern wrote:
-1 to case-insensitive package names, because case matters to the language.
Sadly, they really need to be case-insensitive, because of how Perl
maps "Foo::Bar" to "Foo/Bar.pm".

We don't want someone installing "foo::bar" (intentionally or by
accident in a dependency chain) to overwrite an existing "Foo/Bar.pm"
I thought you had a typo there, but I see what you mean.

Yeah, put that way I agree, package permissions on CPAN should be case
sensitive. Existing conflicts grandfathered in as needed.

groupcpan-workers @
categoriesperl
postedMar 13, '13 at 9:31p
activeMar 20, '13 at 3:13a