Yeah...... I have to assert that for reporting needs this can be a common
use case. I personally try to avoid it in automated code but crontab code
can certainly need to create tables for reporting.

The main problem (which could solve both issues) is that TRUNCATE TABLE in
NDB is basically just a CREATE TABLE (from what I understand) and so one
wouldn't be able to create the tables ahead of time and just TRUNCATE them
because TRUNCATE isn't available during node restart either.