Hi group,

Am I reading this error correctly? I can't make schema changes while one node is restarting? Is this planned to change before the final release?

The cluster cant be inaccessible for eg. creating tables just because a node is restarting. Also, due to Bug #25710 where my nodes require an --initial, the nodes take a few minutes to startup each (1GB of tablesapce. We will need about 1TB per machine for production, which would take hours/days!).

mysql> show warnings;
+-------+------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Level | Code | Message |
+-------+------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Error | 1297 | Got temporary error 711 'System busy with node restart, schema operations not allowed' from NDB |
Error | 1005 | Can't create table '1_2.brian' (errno: 711) |
+-------+------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Brian

http://mail.yahoo.com

groupcluster @
categoriesmysql
postedJan 26, '07 at 7:53p
activeJan 27, '07 at 12:12a
websitemysql.com
irc#mysql

3 users in discussion

Brian: 2 posts Pekka: 2 posts Kevin Burton: 1 post