William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:
But which file to open as a place holder? In this example I use
/dev/null and it works as you wish. AFAIK, windows doesn't have
/dev/null, unless you run on cygwin.
Of course, it does, but it has the classic MS-DOS name of "NUL"
present in the context of any directory (so \dev\nul works if you
have a dev directory.)
I guess this can be ifdef'ed then.

Bill, so /dev/null and NUL should cover all grounds Apache runs on, or
are there other odd cases? And if so do you have a better idea for a
file to open that will work everywhere? [also notice that it has to be
rw - and if not, we need two files then, one for < and another for >,
otherwise open will fail.
AFAIK - dev@apr might be an interesting collection of folks to ask.
Hopefully someone here has an equivalent or a better knowledge.

Thanks for your help, Bill

Stas Bekman mailto:stas@stason.org http://stason.org/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stasbekman http://stasosphere.com/
The "Practical mod_perl" book http://modperlbook.org/