your question confuses me - pass "through" from where?

when search components are defined in solrconfig.xml, they can be declared
with any init params you want which will be passed to the init() method.
Both the sample_techproducts_configs and data_driven_schema_configs that
come with Solr show off examples of this (via SpellCheckComponent &
QueryElevationComponent)

SearchComponents can also access any request params via the
SolrQueryRequest (see ResponseBuilder.req). These could also include
default/invariant/appends params if they are defined on the requestHandler
used (or in the recenlty added "initParams" options in solrconfig.xml)