I can't explain the results you are seeing, but you also didn't provide us
with your schema.xml (ie; how are "text" and "text_auto" defined?) or
enough details ot try and reproduce on a small scale (ie: what does the
source data look like in the documents where these suggestion values
are coming from.

If i start up the "bin/solr -e techproducts" example, which is also
configured to use DocumentDictionaryFactory, I don't see any duplicate
suggestions...

curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/techproducts/suggest?suggest.dictionary=mySuggester&suggest=true&suggest.build=true&wt=json'
{"responseHeader":{"status":0,"QTime":13},"command":"build"}
curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/techproducts/suggest?wt=json&indent=true&suggest.dictionary=mySuggester&suggest=true&suggest.q=elec'
{
   "responseHeader":{
     "status":0,
     "QTime":1},
   "suggest":{"mySuggester":{
       "elec":{
         "numFound":3,
         "suggestions":[{
             "term":"electronics and computer1",
             "weight":2199,
             "payload":""},
           {
             "term":"electronics",
             "weight":649,
             "payload":""},
           {
             "term":"electronics and stuff2",
             "weight":279,
             "payload":""}]}}}}

...can you provide us with some precises (and ideally minimal) steps to
reproduce the problem you are describing?

For Example...

1) "Add XYZ to the 5.5 sample_techproducts_configs solrconfig.xml"
2) "Add ABC to the 5.5 sample_techproducts_configs managed-schema"
3) run this curl command to index a few sample documents...
4) run this curl command to see some suggest results that have duplicates
in them based on the sample data from step #3

  ?

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

groupsolr-user @