On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Jason Rutherglen wrote:

Unlike MapReduce, there are no infrastructure whitepapers on
how GData/Base works so I had to make a broad comparison rather than a
specific one.
My understanding is that GBase is based on the infrastructure that Google is
building for large scale distributed computing (Google File System,
MapReduce, BigTable, GData, etc.) More specifically, BigTable, the column
storage "database" which requires extremely high performance and
reliability, but provides only weak guarantees on data consistency. There is
plenty of documentation on these technologies.

I agree with Otis that it is clear to mention the characteristics of RDBMS
that real-time search displays such as atomicity and transactionality.

-- Joaquin

groupjava-dev @
categorieslucene
postedSep 27, '08 at 5:18a