advertising at Yahoo!.
In particular I'm looking for folks that have experience designing and
building large scale indexing/matching and/or auctioning systems.
Experience with large deployments of Lucene/Solr/Hadoop is a plus.
Please contact me directly if you (or someone you know) is interested.
Joaquin Delgado, PhD.
Contact email: email@example.com
PS: Principle Positions also available.
Are you passionate about building and designing scalable, distributed,
high performance, revenue generating software systems? Do you have an
understanding of business perspective and enjoy building systems that
deliver tangible business goals? Are your communication skills, both
written and verbal something you are proud of? Is working with driven
and passionate folks at one of the most trafficked destinations in the
world, your dream? Have you thought about making history while playing
pool and foosball with your colleagues? Do you enjoy working in teams?
Yahoo! Performance Display Advertising is one of the biggest online
marketing programs on the Internet. It allows advertisers to reach the
masses through Yahoo! and partner networks. Performance Display
advertiser and user experience is driven and accomplished through
complex ad exchange platform, with ever growing interesting
challenges. We're looking for world-class, fun-loving engineers to
join our team!
Performance Display Serving team is looking for a seasoned Senior
Software Engineer (expert level). You will be working on next
generation infrastructure as well as supporting new functionalities on
existing platform including optimization, performance, design and
architecture problems, to impact the bottom-line. Current serving
infrastructure serves multi-billions ad impressions on daily basis.
Developing for this infrastructure presents many technical challenges
in the areas of efficient query processing, high throughput systems,
large scale data processing, applying various targeting dimensions as
well as satisfying complex business rules.
It calls for the application of knowledge of software design
principles, systems programming, algorithms, data structures,
optimization as well as essential performance tuning/testing. Our
focus is on building scalable systems and modular software; measuring
and tuning of system performance and ensuring that the software will
run reliably and is fault-tolerant in a 24/7 production environment.
* Participate in development of the next generation ad serving technology
* Architect, design and build fault-tolerant, high-performance,
* Mentor junior team members in software development process and methodology
* Interface with various teams to define requirements, interfaces,
and implementation approaches
* Influence architecture, design, and implementation across adjacent teams
* Strong C++ programming skills
* Strong UNIX skills
* Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
* Familiarity with fault-tolerant system design and
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* 5-9 years of commercial software development
* BS/MS in CS (or equivalent)
* Knowledge of SQL, STL, NFS, TCP/IP preferred
* Distributed systems experience
* Understanding of database internals and implementation techniques
* Understanding of database query processing and indexing are preferred
* Familiarity with information retrieval techniques are preferred
* Experience with machine learning algorithms and/or statistical
methods in computation
* Experience with Agile product development methodology
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com