[HBase-user] Re: Backup HBase to S3

Jack Levin
Dec 27, 2011 at 1:33 am
Some time ago, we had a situation where our REST server was slammed
with queries that did not find any matches for rows in Hbase. When
that happened we sustained 50k rpc/sec to META region server as
reported by the master web page. After digging deeper we found that
reach request with 'wrong' url, caused full scan of META (more than
30k records for us), This was in version 0.89. I do not know if
this was fixed in 0.90.X but, its possible that there is a bug with
REST that causes full scan of META for any misses. Just something to
check. (as soon as we removed the erroneous queries to REST this
issue was resolved).

-Jack