Grokbase Groups HBase user July 2011

[HBase-user] User of FilterList

Jack Levin
Jul 16, 2011 at 8:28 pm
Be mindful that if you are using a scanner with filters, RowKey
remains the index of the table, and that filter just filters your
results based on how you run your scanner, similarly to "cat file |
grep filter", where if "file" is your table and has many lines (rows),
your scan might be very inefficient. (e.g. reading too many rows)

-Jack