Grokbase Groups HBase user May 2011

[HBase-user] mslab enabled jvm crash

Jack Levin
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:19 pm
We have two production clusters, and we don't on either. We also have
days and days worth of no CMF reported.

Here is my config that works great for us:

export HBASE_OPTS="$HBASE_OPTS -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=2G"

# Uncomment below to enable java garbage collection logging.
export HBASE_OPTS="$HBASE_OPTS -verbose:gc -Xms12000m
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70 -XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintGCDateStamps
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xloggc:$HBASE_HOME/logs/gc-hbase.log \
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 \
-XX:+UseParNewGC \
-XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m \
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled \
-XX:-TraceClassUnloading
"

Also, just reduce the size of your RAM flushes to minimum, we are
running on 0.19 and 0.20 for lower to high memstore limits, so our
flushes are usually small enough not to cause major fragmentation
issues.

-Jack