Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2011
I have a feature request: There should be a native function called
'count', that produces count of rows based on specific family filter,
that is internal to HBASE and won't be required to read CELLs off the
disk/cache. Just count up the rows in the most efficient way
possible. I realize that family definitions are part of the cells, so
it would be nice to have an index that somehow can produce low IO/CPU
hit to hbase when doing a count (for example enabling an index like
that in table schema would be how you turn it on for a specific