On 7 February 2014 00:31, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
On 7/02/2014 10:07am, Lachlan Musicman wrote:

Hola,

What are people's recommendations for postgres db backup solutions?

I've just installed django-dbbackup and will give it a try, but
thought I'd ask what others were using.

Daily dump to a file which is backed up across the network.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-pgdump.html

I'm planning to do something clever with the transaction log continuously
writing it to another machine but I haven't done that yet.

One day real soon now.
Today is good. Streaming replication does exactly that.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/warm-standby.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION

--
  Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/