[android-discuss] Say goodbye to the Menu button?

Tim Mensch
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:50 pm
From seeing so many problems on this list and elsewhere, I put in
physical buttons, though I also react appropriately to the menu button.

The worst part is that, even if you are trying to tell your user in tech
support how to access the menu, half the time you can't even say "press
the PHYSICAL menu button" -- or even describe it by an icon or what it
says -- since a lot of phones have soft buttons, and they all seem to
have different icons. And of the phones that have three or four
off-screen buttons, they all seem to be in different random orders as
well. :(

Overall it's a tech support nightmare.

Tim