[CouchDB-user] JSONQuery

Dean Landolt
Mar 10, 2009 at 12:41 pm

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Christopher Lenz wrote:
On 10.03.2009, at 13:23, Dean Landolt wrote:

As an example of what I mean, JSONSchema already has an implementation in
another language (in this case, python again[1]). And JSONQuery even less
javascript-idiomatic. If you'd like, I'd be happy to try my hand at
implementing it in erlang -- but I was thinking it would be most helpful
for
view ops (thus, in js). It would be pretty convenient if there were
agreed-upon path semantics -- specifically for things like searching.
Everyone in this thread seems to know where/how JSONPath would fit into
CouchDB, but I have no idea :)

What would this be useful for?

One way -- retrieving doc fragments. Another -- for json-based configuration
of fti, rather than having to interpret js functions via rhino or
python-spidermonkey (no offense Paul -- that's still a kickass project ;).
There are probably quite a few others that will shake out -- but having an
agreed-upon way to reference portions of a doc (or a view) should prove
useful.
reply