[CouchDB-user] JSONQuery

Dean Landolt
Mar 10, 2009 at 11:52 am

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

Haven't we discussed this before? Or am I just getting a weird déjà vu?

Anyway, the way I remember it going was that its neat but requires a
full JavaScript VM to meet the spec.

Yes, and that was the general consensus, but it may be worth reconsidering.
Sure, in order to have a already-working JSONPath (or JSONQuery -- whatever
Kris is calling it these days) implementation you need a js vm, but when I
learned that there's a nearly-complete jquery implementation in python [1],
it occured to me it couldn't be that hard to implement all (or a useful part
of) the JSONPath spec in any JSON-aware (read: any) language.

[1] http://pyquery.org/
reply