On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 07:43:16AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
Haven't we discussed this before? Or am I just getting a weird déjà vu?
Well, we've certainly discussed JSON paths, JSON queries, and JSON diffs.

I didn't think this specific suggestion has come up before, apologies.

I still think this is low hanging RFC fruit. Heh

We had discussed JSONPath, which at first glance this is, but it looks like
they cleaned it up quite a bit. It's even got pythonic list slices so this
is definitely *not* javascript -- it's just that the reference
implementation is in js, and that's the only implementation...for now.

Looking at the new spec, I've already implemented half of this in python --
I'd be happy to take it all the way if this would help formalize path
semantics in couch.

groupuser @
categoriescouchdb
postedMar 10, '09 at 9:55a