Johnny Hughes wrote:

On 06/01/2015 06:42 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Chuck Munro wrote:
I have a question that has been puzzling me for some time ... what is
the reason RedHat chose to go with btrfs rather than working with the
ZFS-on-Linux folks (now OpenZFS)? Is it a licensing issue, political, etc?
There is no licensing issue, but there are OpenSource enemies that spread a
fairy tale about an alleged licensing issue.

The only problem with integrating ZFS into Linux is that the VFS interface from
Linux is inferior to the one from OpenSolaris and as a result, there is a need
to first implement missing interfaces.

J?rg
Guys ... let's try not to have a license fight again on the list.
Sometimes these things get way out of hand.

This list is not a place for legal advise .. let's let the attorneys who
actually know the law and the maintainers of programs decide what
license they use and what it means.

Could you explain why you did not reply to the mail fropm Chris Adams who
introduced a false claim about so called "opinions of a number of lawyers"?

As mentioned: lawyers explain why there is no problem with ZFS integration. If
you don't like useless discussions, you need to prevent people from spreading
unverified rumors.

J?rg

--
  EMail:joerg at schily.net (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin