Les Mikesell wrote:

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Warren Young wrote:

4. CDDL annoys a lot of people.
The CDDL does not annoy people, this is just a fairy tale from some OSS enemies.
The following irritates me, I am a ?people,? and I am not an OSS enemy:

http://zfsonlinux.org/faq.html#WhatAboutTheLicensingIssue
It is really the GPL that has the restriction preventing
'best-of-breed' components being combined, but it doesn't matter, it
isn't going to change. I can see Sun being irritated with Linux
(and for good reason...) but isn't it time to let it go?

We had much less problems is the people that use the GPL would understand the
GPL.

If you combine ZFS and Linux, you create a permitted "collective work" and the
GPL cannot extend it's rules to the CDDLd separate and independend work ZFS of
course.

J?rg

--
  EMail:joerg at schily.net (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin