First, I was not aware that the US had declared any part of the GPL null

Just ask US lawyers..... one of them sits on the other side of the corridor of
my office, another is the well known Lawrence Rosen.

For Europe check the reasoning of the cases from Harald Welte. One of them is
very obvious when mentioning that the judge intentionally did look only at a
single sentence from the GPL in order not to endanger the rights of Harald
Welte.

and void. Second, just to play Eris... which *version* of the GPL are you
talking about in this arguement, 1.x, 2.x, or 3.x?

Add GPL-v0 for the GCC from 1986.....

You should know what GPL version we are talking if you understand what we
discuss.

J?rg

--
  EMail:joerg at schily.net (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin