This just verifies that you're playing word games. If you want vi that's
not vim, may I ask which *version* of vi you would consider to be vi - one
from, say, Sun OS 3? Or from the Irix that ran on our Indigo in the
early/mid-nineties? or one from Tru-64 in the late nineties? or were you
insisting on one that ran on a system from the early-to-mid-eighties?
SunOS 3 Vi source not available to the public.
Irix Vi source not available to the public.
Tru-64 Vi source not available to the public.

You currently may have the vi source from aprox. 1979 under a 4 clause BSD license
or the current Solaris vi under the CDDL. The latter was POSIX compliant approved.

J?rg

--
EMail:joerg at schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js at cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)