Grokbase Groups Camel dev May 2016
Logged a ticket about the health check API
On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 7:34 PM, Matt Pavlovich wrote:
+1

Claus-

I could see a lot of value in having this feature for file://, ftp:// and
several other components as well.

Are you thinking Context or Route level or both?
At first it should be route level as that is the most common use case.
Also its easier to implement as there is one route in the question.

If its context level, then you need to keep track of more, such as all
routes and figure out when to fail if any of those routes starts to
have problems. But down the road we should allow both levels.

To aid both we should also look at introducing some health API in
camel-core, so that makes this easier as well. So you can check for
health status on context / routes level. And custom components can
implement custom logic to check their health, such as connecting to a
FTP server and do a FTP list, or do a HTTP remote call etc.

-Matt