Grokbase Groups Camel dev May 2016

We have a few components that offer capability to run a Camel routes
in master/slave mode, where one node is elected as master and only
runs the route at that node, and the other nodes are in slave mode,
and then will failover if needed.

For example camel-zookeeper, and camel-quartz can do that. And now
also camel-consul. And possible others I have forgot.

I wonder if we should introduce some API those components
implementations can implement so we would better be able to manage and
know about this. Then we can have JMX information about routes being
in master/slave mode, and you can see for example in a 4 node cluster
that its node-b that is the master.

node-a route-foo: slave
node-b route-foo: master
node-c route-foo: slave
node-d route-foo: slave

We have a bit old JIRA ticket about this:

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2:

groupdev @
postedMay 28, '16 at 7:52a