Grokbase Groups Ant user April 2010

[Ant-user] Proposal to have an Ant task to resolve ecllipse projects' classpath dependencies at runtime.

Gilbert Rebhan
Apr 4, 2010 at 5:14 pm

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Proposal to have an Ant task to resolve ecllipse projects'
classpath dependencies at runtime.
From: Ravi Roy <ravi.aroy@gmail.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Date: 04.04.2010 11:05

Hi, [...]
Since people love Ant and also Eclipse being an standard IDE, I feel at
times that there should be a Ant task which could read the .classpath and
.project files and provide and kind of property which has resolved classpath
entries on which project depends on.

This task would really reduce the pain to define the dependencies of the
project which needs to be defined manaually in case dependencies gets
changed / or added to the project's classpath.

I hope this would further increase the Ant usage and people would really
find it useful in their projects' dependency resolution.

Thoughts ?
don't bother, see =
http://www.ant4eclipse.org/
(formerly hosted on sourceforge =