do a

<exclude name="**/System*/**" />
for excluding all directories having "System" in their paths.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rolf Schumacher
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 5:38 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: fileset: exlude a dir not to be touched by ant?

Sorry not to include the ant source - and: no, dir=C:\ and exclude
name="System*"
the error message remains

<project name="clean hard disk" default="clean">
<target name="clean">
<delete>
<fileset dir="C:\" defaultexcludes="no">
<include name="**/*.class"/>
<include name="**/*.*~"/>
<include name="**/*.bak"/>
<exclude name="System*"/>
</fileset>
</delete>
</target>
</project>

By the way: I'm never sure as I have to escape the backslash or not,
but in this case I tried both.

Rolf