Thanks for your answer, Stefan. Nevertheless ant resists to understand me.
It should not touch the directory System Volume Information.
I believe that this is a special entry in the directory
that leads to an error message even if ant asks for read only.

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Rolf Schumacher <Rolf.Schumacher@hamburg.de>

<exclude name="System*"/>
excludes the files and directories in C:\ which start with System, but
not the files below that. You probably want

<exclude name="System*/**"/>

By the way: I'm never sure as I have to escape the backslash or not,
No.

You may also need to look at the casesensitive attribute of <fileset>
when running on Windows.

Stefan