Grokbase Groups Ant dev July 2009

[Ant-dev] Ant usage

Gilbert Rebhan
Jul 23, 2009 at 9:46 pm

reena321 schrieb:
Hello all,

I am very much interested in Ant scripting language. I want to automate
Configuration of my project. like wise
windows->preferences->java->buildpath-> and set some value there and many
more of the same kind.
Ant is NO scripting language !! - but you may use several scripting
languages (all those BSF compatible ones, means JRuby, Groovy,
BeanShell, Rhino, Jython ...) within <script> task as part of your
antscript

You may use ant scripts as external tool builder for your project, see =
http://help.eclipse.org/stable/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/gettingStarted/qs-80_ant.htm
Can you please give an example in ant to select particular toolbar item from
eclipse. Or please share some of the good links or book name to achieve the
above task.
Ant has no access to eclipse toolbars .. etc.
But there's an addon that gives access to the eclipse workspace =
http://ant4eclipse.sourceforge.net/
inputs are really helpfull.
Hope so ..

Regards, Gilbert